Thursday, October 10, 2013

It's All Hearts and Flowers Until Lettuce Shows Up On A Taco

I ran through Taco Bell to grab supper the other night.  I ordered tacos for Ben with meat and cheese only.  I pulled to the window and when the lady handed me the bag, I pulled a taco out and asked her, "Are you sure these are meat and cheese only?"  She said they were, so, against my better judgment, I pulled off without opening the wrapper.  When Ben opened the bag, lo and behold, the tacos weren't meat and cheese only.  Instead of taking them back, he looked up the number and called Taco Bell.  He asked to speak to the manager and told him about the taco catastrophe (at least that's what it feels like at my house when an order is wrong) and told him that, rather than making yet another trip to the store, he would be in the following day for a replacement order and gave them his name.  The manager replied, "Well, you don't have to be a jackass about it."  Ben said, "Way to be professional, Taco Bell Manager, I'm on my way."  He and Anna Claire headed out the door to Taco Bell.  Being the Mother of the Year and all, I yelled out, "Remember, you're not a minor anymore, so don't go to jail!" (Somehow that's replaced 'Love you, be careful' when my kids go out the door.)

About 30 minutes later, the kids roll back in the driveway.  Anna Claire burst through the door laughing hysterically and proceeds to giving me play by play about the Taco Bell BrooHaHa.  Here it goes…..

Setting:  Taco Bell
Time:  Tuesday night
Characters:  Ben- the hostile customer
                    Anna Claire- the amused pot stirrer
                    Manager- the guy who has to listen to people gripe about lettuce 40 hours a week


As the curtain opens, the audience sees Ben standing at  the Taco Bell counter.

Ben:  I need to see the manager.

Manager:  What can I help you with?

Ben:  I'm the guy you just called a Jackass.

Manager:  Huh?

Ben:  I'm the guy you just called a jackass on the phone.

Manager:  Sir, I don't know what you are talking about.  I didn't call you a jackass, but if you keep cussing you're going to have to leave.

Ben:  I'M going to have to leave?  YOU"RE the one that started it by called me a jackass.

Manager:  Sir, I have no idea what you are talking about.  I haven't talked to you or anybody else and haven't called anyone a jackass.

Ben:  Oh, really?  Then why is your number on my recent call list? (Ben pulls the phone out of his pocket with a flourish and scrolls through the call log.  He then turns the phone around and puts it up to the manager's face.)  See that right there?  It says 844-xxxx.  Now what have you got to say?

Manager:  That's the phone number for the OTHER Taco Bell.

Anna Claire:  Ben, give me the keys so I can get back in the truck because I don't want anybody to see me in here with you.

Ben:  Huh……..My bad.  I messed up, Man.  I'm sorry for all this, but we're all good if you didn't call me a jackass.

Manager:  It's cool.  I'll give you some tacos anyway.

Ben goes back to his truck, tells Anna Claire to get out of the floorboard, and leaves the store, new tacos in hand.

End scene.

When I asked Ben if he was happy that he embarrassed his sister and himself, he replied, "Oh, I wasn't embarrassed.  I just messed up.  Got tacos with meat and cheese only anyway, so it's all good, AND now, thanks to me, you have a great story for your blog."

1 comment: